A controlled clinical trial study concluded that yoga exercise regarding asthma attack treatment resulted in a decreased number of day and night attacks and use of drugs among asthmatic patients.
It also shows significant improvement in the peak expiratory flow rate1.Various studies suggested yoga breathing exercises2 (pranayama)3 as the natural cure for asthma since it significantly improves pulmonary functions subjectively and objectively in patients with bronchial asthma and should be regular part of therapy.
1. Ethiop J Health Sci. 2010 Jul;20(2):107-12.
2. Indian J Physiol Pharmacol. 2009 Apr-Jun;53(2):169-74.
3. Int J Yoga. 2009 Jan;2(1):22-5.
Do's & Don'ts in Asthma attack treatment
Find out the various things that you should follow if you are under asthma attack treatment. There are also couple of things which you should avoid if you are suffering from asthma.
Things you should follow :
1. Protect yourself from cold, use warm clothes specially during the winter season.
2. Keep the surroundings neat and clean/dust free.
3. Do breathing exercises regularly and also practice the yoga techniques of natural cure for asthma.
4. Stay away from fog/smog during the winter.
5. Take bath in lukewarm water throughout the year to protect from cold.
Things you should avoid :
2. Staying away from any kind of pollution and also the factors which may cause allergy.
3. Any kind of cold food or drinks, rich and spicy foods.
4. Staying away from pet animals viz. dogs, cats, birds etc.
5. Doing self medication. Treat the problem through asthma attack treatment, i.e. yoga.
6. Staying away from plants, flowers, green herbs which may cause allergy.
7. Foods like banana, pineapple, brinjal, egg, prawn, crab, nuts, soya bean.
At World Yoga Society, we have helped millions overcome acute pain since 1970. Here you will find the gist of Dr. Dibya’s vast clinical experience of yoga therapy that helps to heal Pain or Disease. Yes! Now you can heal yourself in mind and body naturally with personal guidance from the World's leading Yoga Doctor.