Yoga for asthma: Matsyasana (Fish Posture)
Matsyasana is also known as fish posture. It can be termed as yoga for asthma, depression, neck pain. This yoga for asthma expands the chest by increasing lung capacity. Strengthens the back muscles. Matsyasana encourages deep breathing hence beneficial for depression and anxiety.
1) Sit in Padmasana.
2) Lie back with the legs on the floor. Place both hands on the ground, to the side of the knees.
3) Take a long breath and exhale. Taking the weight on the palms, lift the head and chest off the ground.
4) Bring the center of the crown of the head to the ground by bending the dorsal and cervical spine backwards. The upper body will take a shape of an arch now.
5) Free the hands after the weight is balanced on the head. Hold them to the big toes by hooking the index fingers around, only elbows should touch the ground (see the Image).
6) Hold this position, with deep breathing, as advised by Our Yoga Doctor.
7) Then release your hands and release your head with the help of your hands. Then release your legs
8) Take rest in Shavasana.
You can access extraordinary expertise by registering with the form on your right. We will be happy to make Yoga therapy work for you with 1 to 1 access to seasoned Yoga Therapists at our online therapy center. They will talk to you over phone and provide a “made to prescription Yoga DVD” for your medical condition as “do it along” exercise at home.
We suggest "Capsules of Yoga" for people who cannot find time i.e Doses of 5 minutes of Yoga as and when time permits. Just like a medicine capsule they work wonders on specific issues when done repeatedly. Our inexpensive, two month personalized program provides monthly consultations with unlimited phone support for effective, long term natural relief.
Practice this Asana as prescribed by our Yoga Doctor.
Get help online!
This website is the only place where you can get personalized expert consultation and guidance online with unlimited phone support at surprisingly low prices. You can check our service rates and join here. We design holistic natural therapy with personalized Yoga routine, online. Ayurvedic test,custom made regional diet plan, along with effective Ayurvedic home remedies. Our expertise in natural therapy makes it quite simple to find relief from asthma.