WHAT IS INSOMNIA?
Insomnia is a sleeping disorder characterized by lack of sound sleep. Trouble in falling asleep or staying so is a common happening. Because of that, sufferer may complain of too little or unsound sleep. One may not feel refreshed after waking up.
Insomnia can be differentiated as :
Primary Insomnia : This kind refers to a sleeping disorder which is not directly related to other the prevalence of other health conditions.
Secondary Insomnia: In this type a person lacks sound sleep mainly due to the existence of other significant health condition(namely. depression, arthritis,cancer etc.)
Acute insomnia: It is a very common type. Acute insomnia spans for days or even weeks.Work stress, a traumatic experience, family issues etc. triggers acute insomnia.
Chronic insomnia:Chronic insomnia deals with trouble in sleeping for weeks or months. Based on the span of the condition ,dictates over the type of insomnia.
Transient Insomnia: Symptoms lasting less than one week are known as Transient Insomnia.
Short Term Insomnia: Symptoms lasting between one to three weeks are known as Short-Term Insomnia.
An estimated 30 to 50 per cent of the general population is affected by acute insomnia, and 10 per cent have chronic insomnia.
INSOMNIA TREATMENT AND INSOMNIA YOGA THERAPY
You can get in touch with our 28 years experienced yoga doctor Dibyasundar Das. We offer online SKYPE consultation along with YOUTUBE PLAYLIST and diet chart. You can practice yoga at convenient time and place using our youtube playlist. You will get Yoga for insomnia video from World Yoga Society. You will get email support from World Yoga Society. For more details, please see the bottom of the page.
INSOMNIA HERBAL REMEDY
There are several natural cures for insomnia. These are naturopathic treatment for insomnia. They are as follows:
1. VALERIAN: a herb, which is an over-the-counter insomnia remedy.
2. PASSION FLOWER: a mild herbal product that induces sleep.
3. LAVENDER: the smell of lavender helps us to sleep.
4. KAVA: a herb, which is ideal for curing anxiety-related problems.
OTHER INSOMNIA NATURAL CURE
Apart from the above, there are other natural remedies of insomnia. They are as follows:
1. Soothing music.
CAUSES OF INSOMNIA:
The causes of Insomnia are mentioned below:
1. Too much work related stress (overload of work ,overtime ,dissatisfaction with work).
2. Prevalence of any disease or condition.
3. Emotional turbulences.
4. The kind of environment one works or lives in is also important.( unhygienic work condition , extreme temperatures )
5. Use of medicines for allergies, asthma, depression, high blood pressure etc. can pose a hindrance to sleep.
6. Aberration to the regular sleeping schedule (sudden changes in shifts at workor a jet lag*)
*It is a condition where one feels discomfort due to changes time zone .
There are many symptoms of amnesia .One may not notice all the symptoms in a particular case, still he or she can suffer from insomnia. Some symptoms of insomnia are populated below.
1. One may have difficulty in falling asleep at night.
2. Disturbed sleep is another prominent symptom of insomnia. One may tend to wake up involuntarily multiple times during the sleeping hours.
3. No refreshed feeling after sleep.
4. A feeling of exhaustion and lack of energy throughout the daytime.
5. One might tend to become angry easily, stay depressed or become anxious too often.
6. Trouble in concentrating and remembering.
7. Headaches and a constant tension mostly derived from the existing sleep disorder.
1. Yoga breathing
This breathing is said to alter our brain wave patterns. It improves anxiety and response to stress in our daily life.
2. Deep breathing with folding hands
At World Yoga Society, we have helped millions overcome acute pain since 1970. Here you will find the gist of Dr. Dibya’s vast clinical experience of yoga therapy that helps to heal Pain or Disease. Yes! Now you can heal yourself in mind and body naturally with personal guidance from the World's leading Yoga Doctor.