What Is Insomnia? Treatment for Mild and Severe Insomnia
Mild or severe insomnia is a common sleeping disorder in which you have difficulty in sleeping or have disturbed asleep. However, many people remain unaware of the behavioral and remedial measures available for curing insomnia.
Insomnia can range from mild to severe, depending on how often it occurs and how long it continues. An estimated 30 to 50 per cent of the general population is affected by acute insomnia, and 10 per cent have chronic insomnia.
Insomnia may cause little sleep or poor-quality sleep. As a result, you may not feel fresh and energized.You can access extraordinary expertise by registering with the form on your right. We will be happy to make Yoga therapy work for you with 1 to 1 access to seasoned Yoga Therapists at our online therapy center. They will talk to you over phone and provide a “made to prescription Yoga DVD” for your medical condition as “do it along” exercise at home.
We suggest "Capsules of Yoga" for people who cannot find time i.e Doses of 5 minutes of Yoga as and when time permits. Just like a medicine capsule they work wonders on specific issues when done repeatedly. Our inexpensive, two month personalized program provides monthly consultations with unlimited phone support for effective, long term natural relief.
1. Valerian, a herb, which is an over-the-counter insomnia remedy in Switzerland, Belgium, Germany, France, and Italy.
2. Melatonin, a hormone which is naturally found in the body.
3. Kava, a herb, which is ideal for curing anxiety-related problems.
4. Aromatherapy, the English Lavender scent used as a folk remedy to help people fall asleep.
5. Proper diet, containing carbohydrates and magnesium rich foods. Caffeine and sweets should be avoided.
Apart from the above, there are other natural cures for insomnia such as, light, music, acupuncture, relaxation techniques etc.
Yoga is a combination of meditation, deep breathing and stretching which helps to beat stress, relaxes the mind and get better sleep at night. Yoga works well even in people suffering from severe insomnia.
Classification of insomnia
Insomnia can be classified in the following ways:
• Symptoms lasting less than one week are known as Transient Insomnia.
• Symptoms lasting between one to three weeks are known as Short-Term Insomnia.
• Symptoms longer than three weeks are known as Chronic Insomnia.
Besides the above, severe insomnia can also be treated by natural yoga therapy.
Causes of Insomnia
• Depression • Anxiety • Mania • Stress at work place • Excessive or unpleasant noise • Presence of an acute illness or hospitalization • Menopause and hot flashes • An overactive thyroid • Conditions that make it hard to breathe, such as asthma and heart failure • Uncomfortable room temperature (too hot or too cold)
Symptoms of Insomnia
1. Causes Vehicle accidents because of fatigued, sleep-deprived drivers.
2. Poor concentration and ability to focus.
3. Problems with retention or memory.
4. Irritability and impaired social interaction.
5. Sleepiness during the day.
Yoga breathing This breathing is said to alter brainwave patterns, improving anxiety and response to stress.
Best to practice in the morning as it relieves stiffness and revitalises the body and also refreshes the mind.
Get help online!
This website is the only place where you can get personalized expert consultation and guidance online with unlimited phone support at surprisingly low prices. You can
check our service rates and join here.