Fibroid is the benign tumor containing fibrous tissue (especially in the uterus). Among the female diseases fibroid is one of the most common case. There may be one fibroid or fibroid may form in cluster. Fibroids are most common among women between ages 35 and 45.Women with infertility, unmarried, without any issues suffers from fibroid. Being overweight raises the risk slightly. Some studies suggest that Estrogen is known to influence fibroid growth.
Types of fibroids
1. Intramural: This is the most common type of fibroid which grows in between the muscles of the uterine wall.
2. Submucous: These grow just under the uterine lining into the uterine cavity or below the endometrium.
3. Subserosal: Fibroids are located in the outermost layer and outside the wall of the uterus. They typically grow in an outward direction.
Symptoms of fibroids:
1. Excessively heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding
2. Heaviness in lower abdomen
3. Acute and severe pain
4. Frequent urination